Hydrotec Renewables is a Philippines based Small ROR Hydro Project developer with a unique approach in development of lowest environmental impact, sustainable Small ROR Hydro plants which deliver renewable energy and in particular sites potable water supply.
Our founder and management team of Filipino and German descent have over 30 years experience in Small Hydro and a proven track record in leading the project management of design, engineering, operations and construction build out of greenfield and rehabilitation Small ROR Hydro projects (500kW-10MW) in Europe to the emerging Small ROR hydro power market of the Philippines.
Our mission is to become the leading Small ROR Hydro Project Developer and Independent Power Producer which delivers reliable clean power & in certain locations potable water to our project partner communities.
Hydrotec’s impact on project communities will also encompass reinvestment back into Philippines project site communities thru local employment, support of schools, housing, organic gardens and support growth of eco-tourism.
Premium Site Selection.
Hydrotec’s first priority was to apply a proprietary project site selection criteria which initiated in 2009. Our team completed an exhaustive research effort to identify & qualify a premium portfolio of Small ROR Project sites from the hundreds of Philippine’s small/mini hydro site locations.
Thru the process Hydrotec’s team compiled an extensive database of hydrological, topological and meteorological data-points in which site specific criteria formed the basis of Hydrotec’s decision to secure project site locations which have met strict pre-feasibility approval requirements including:
1) Historical rainfall patterns & river flow rates that support Hydrotec project economic forecasts.
2) Close access to public infrastructure including toll roads, grid interconnections & corporate power purchasers for water to wire & off-take agreements.
3) Project site attributes in which Hydrotec ‘s projects eliminate the need for tree-cutting or environmental disruption to flower or fauna or displace the communities of people living within project site locations.
4) Project sites in which both political and public community support was supportive to achieve voter approvals along with land & water rights.
5) Project characteristics in which civil excavation and build out are minimal and do not require “tunneling” or old school hydro schemes which are capital intensive & take years to build-out in contrast to Hydrotec’s project build-out timeframes of 7-9 months and meet expedient DOE & regulatory reviews & approvals.
6) Project sites which are replicable to our sustainable design and have reduced exposure to Acts of God such as typhoons and earthquakes while enduring extreme weather conditions.
Hydrotec’s project portfolio encompasses ROR project sites representing approx. 300 MW of future installed capacity with additional plans to expand.
Our project sites are located in the areas of Luzon and Visayas including sites along the Marikina River system and it’s tributaries along with projects sites involving the NIA with the support of indigenous communities based on Hydrotec’s eco-friendly project design.